Spider and Varicose Veins: What You Should Know About Them

Legs with varicose veins

Perhaps you are wondering what the enlarged veins in your legs and thighs are and what causes them. Do you feel heaviness in your hips, legs, and toes? Well, you might have varicose veins. In pregnant women, it is called spider veins, which form around the anus or under the vagina. It looks like emerging cords bulging into groups. Some may describe this as hemorrhoids.

Even today, some people are unaware of spider and varicose veins although they occur in most women. Read on to learn more about these conditions.

Spider veins and varicose veins

Spider veins grow in the inner part of the legs or in the calves. They are usually called varicose and their size is usually smaller. They are not that noticeable compared to varicose veins even though they appear closely beneath the skin. Spider veins look like a spider web with growing branches in them.

Check for signs

Too much is fatal, and it goes for most disorders as well. In time, veins could be more enlarged than usual. You will need medication and treatment as soon as possible. If you are experiencing uncommon pain or sensation in your legs or thighs, it’s time to look for possible signs of varicose vein disorders.

If you have sores in your legs, assess the area surrounding it. An untreated vein problem is what causes ulcers on your legs, so you need to undergo immediate treatment under the care of a professional. Other possible treatments are based on doctor’s advice. Do not self-medicate because it could lead to serious problems.

Early detection and possible treatment

Varicose veins can be detected through ultrasound. Some medical professionals may suggest X-rays to check the appearance of varicose veins. These types of disorders are becoming intense day by day, so it is wise to have an early detection of the problem before it’s too late.

In today’s technology, laser therapy is a good way to get rid of spider veins, which in time develop into varicose veins. You may want to consult your healthcare provider about this treatment.